We do not see everyone in the fall anymore, so welcome to a new year! Most of us have been in school already for a few weeks. Hope things are going well, especially for our newest teachers. We are glad you have joined out team.
Here are the updates:
- Most of us are in Unit 1 of each of the Collections texts 6-12. If you have any questions or problems locating materials or attachments, feel free to give me a call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balanced literacy, gradual release is our focus with a high expectation for critical thinking and rigor
- Feel free to request PD’s, observations (2 per school), or model lessons
- Email lists have been updated – if you are not receiving emails or someone in your department, please forward the correct email address
- Department Chair lists updated – Based on what has been submitted
NO CONCEPT SPELLING BEE THIS YEAR!
Spoken Word – March 21, 2020
Writing Competition – March 27, 2020
HSA Belmont, September 13, 15, 22, 29
McKinley Park, September 18, 25
HSA Toledo, September 16th
All teachers will receive direct personal phone calls and emails this year. In addition, school administration will receive a monthly email check in to see what support services are needed.